It’s Canada Day and what better way to celebrate than to reflect on what makes us TRUly Canadian. We suggest you stand up, remove your hat and hum the national anthem while catching up on the top 10 reasons TRU is the best place to study in Canada.
1. Canada is a cultural mosaic and TRU has one of Canada’s most diverse and multicultural student populations. Over 10 percent of our student population is Aboriginal and another 10 percent is made up of international students representing 85 nations worldwide.
2. Canadians are funny and at TRU we think we are funny too. Even our president has a great sense of humour.
3. Canada is big and beautiful and so is the TRU campus.
4. Canadians love sports and at TRU, we love them too. #Backthepack
5. Canadians love coffee. At TRU we have a coffee shop in almost every building and apparently coffee makes students happy.
6. One word. Poutine. Canada is known for some of its delicious cuisine and the TRU campus delivers. We boast a culinary arts program and our students prepare all the food for Scratch Café and Accolades Dining Room, which are open to the public during the school year.
7. Canada has amazing people representing our country and TRU has amazing alumni representing our school.
9. Canadians love the outdoors. Kamloops is the ideal location for outdoor enthusiasts. The city is not only the tournament capital but is a mecca for mountain biking, hiking, skiing, snowboarding, rock climbing and water sports. We even have an Adventure Studies Program and surf instructor certification. How cool is that?
10. Canadians embrace equality and diversity and at TRU we are no different.
Happy Canada Day.