Another semester is underway. I know I put off true organization until after the first week, so if you’re anything like me you flew through the week by the seat of your pants! Here is a great make ahead breakfast recipe that will aid you in the organizational battle.
Bake these bite-sized frittatas in a miniature muffin pan. They taste great hot or at room temperature, so you can make them in advance.
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped reduced-fat ham (about 2 ounces)
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add ham; sauté 3 minutes. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes. Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add ham mixture, stirring with a whisk. Spoon mixture into 24 miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until set.
NOTE: Mix up the ingredients and also try making these in big muffin tins
Recipe found on myrecipe.com