Most people aren’t getting their daily recommended intake of Calcium. Try this quick breakfast to start your day with a boost!
Yields: 1 serving
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 5 to 6 minutes
Total time: 7 to 8 minutes
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 8 ounces low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat granola without raisins
- 2 dried figs, chopped into small pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Spread the almonds on a cookie sheet and bake for 5 to 6 minutes. Watch the nuts carefully so they don’t burn.
2. Fill a bowl with yogurt, then top with granola, figs and toasted almonds.
Based on individual serving
385 calories; 14 g protein; 60 g carbohydrate; 9 g fiber; 13 g fat (2 g saturated); 5 mg cholesterol; 179 mg sodium; 410 mg calcium
TIP: You could toast up a weeks worth of almonds on Sunday night and prepackage the almonds, granola and figs in little baggies so in the morning you just dump the bag into your yogurt and you’re done!