TRU’s first bird photo contest
Do you love wildlife and getting outdoors?
Do you love winning prizes for great photographs?
Get excited because the TRU Sustainability Office is hosting its first ever TRU bird photo contest for the best photos of birds in Kamloops.
The contest is run through social media from Monday, May 29 to Thursday, July 6.
This contest is a great way to get outside and have fun while showing your love for our campus and the environment.
There will be three different categories, and the winner in each category will win a $50 TRU bookstore gift card.
Registration and submissions
- Register for this contest by emailing email@example.com, or send a direct message to the TRU Sustain social media accounts requesting to join (see below)
- There are two ways to submit your entries:
- Submit entries by posting your photo on your feed or story and tagging a TRU Sustainability account or hash tagging #TRUbirdphotocomp
- Send a direct message to a TRU Sustainability social media account or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A maximum of three submissions are allowed per person, and you can submit your photo(s) to any contest category you want
Social media accounts
- Instagram: @trusustain
- Facebook: TRU Sustainability Office
- Twitter: @TRUsustain
- Hashtag: #TRUbirdphotocomp
- Most interesting behavior captured
- Best composition
- Best overall photo
- Entries must include the following information: photographer’s name; species of bird; location of photograph; and what, if any, digital altering was applied to the photograph
- A maximum of three submissions are allowed per person, so pick your photos wisely
- Participants must own the rights to the photo(s)
How winners will be decided and contacted
- An adjudication committee will decide the three winners
- Winning contestants will be contacted directly, and the winning entries will be posted on @TRUsustain with the credits for each winning photograph
Things to note
- Any posted photos will give credit to the photographer
- More events like this one may be hosted in the future
- Submitted photos can be used by TRU for future event promotion, but will not be used to generate revenue for TRU