It features a thoughtful foreword by the Hon. Justice Sheilah Martin of the Supreme Court of Canada, along with 12 scholarly papers examining the emerging doctrinal and policy issues concerning evidential privileges in the following areas:
- Mr. Big undercover police operations
- protection of journalistic source privilege
- marital privilege
- privilege for tax professionals
- privilege issues surrounding police investigative techniques
- case by case privilege
- privilege for religious communications
- Parliamentary records privilege
- confidential informant privilege
- privilege against self-incrimination
- and researcher-participant privilege.
Perspectives on Evidentiary Privileges is the first collection of its kind published in Canada, and aims to advance the debate on critical, yet understudied, issues relating to these evidentiary privileges.