Thompson Rivers University

Possible Canada Post work stoppage

  Posted on: June 30, 2016

In the event of a Canada Post work stoppage, TRU has developed the following response plan for applicants and current students.

Receipt of transcripts from other institutions

Option 1:
TRU will temporarily accept transcripts emailed directly from a pre-established institutional email address or faxed from the Registrar’s Office fax number.
Official transcripts, including the back page, should be scanned and emailed to or faxed to 250-371-5960 or 250-852-6405.

Option 2:
Transcripts may also be sent by the institution directly to TRU using a courier.
Please Note: TRU will not accept transcripts if they come from any source other than the delivering institution.

Sending transcripts to other institutions

Within Canada:
Many Canadian institutions have provided fax or email addresses to which we can send transcripts. U.S. or International:
Official transcripts can be sent by courier to other countries; special fees will apply.

Submission of high school transcripts

Within BC:
BC grade 12 students can request that their transcripts be submitted electronically. Visit and use the Post Secondary Institution (PSI) Selections Form to indicate that transcript information should be sent to TRU.

Within Canada:
TRU will accept transcripts faxed (fax to 250-371-5960 or 250-852-6405) directly from Canadian schools or each province’s ministry of education. TRU will also accept original high school transcripts that are hand delivered to the Registrar’s office (a copy will be made).

U.S. or International:
Official transcripts can be sent by courier to other countries; special fees will apply.
Please note that high school transcripts and certificates from outside of Canada must be official or original. Faxed or mailed photocopies are acceptable only if they are certified by a school principal, head or registrar. Notarized copies, photocopies and student faxes are not acceptable.

Thompson Rivers University, Admissions
900 McGill Road
Kamloops, BC
V2C 0C8

Fax: 1-250-371-5960 or 1-250-852-6405

Communication with applicants and students

Applicants will receive their initial acknowledgment, including their TRU ID, to their personal email if provided in their application, and to their TRU email address.
Beyond the initial acknowledgment, all communications are sent to the TRU email address. It is essential that students or applicants check their TRU email regularly for communications or forward their TRU email to their personal account. Instructions for forwarding TRU email to a personal account is provided online in the myTRU portal (

Students can request final and conditional acceptance letters from TRU Admissions. Students can also arrange for a courier service to pick the letters up.

Payment of registration fees

Domestic students can pay registration fees and tuition using the following options:
• Online
• Through telebanking services
• In person with cash or debit card

Students at a distance who are unable to use Internet banking can send a cheque by courier or through a wire transfer.
International students can pay using MasterCard, Visa or American Express.

Communications regarding waitlist openings

Students on a course waitlist will receive an email to their TRU email address if a course seat opens for them. Students should register promptly through the myTRU ( portal.

Requests for course registration data forms

Students can print their course registration data form(s) as a confirmation of enrollment through the myTRU ( portal.

Submitting to StudentAid BC

In the event of a disruption in the delivery of mail by Canada Post, please do NOT submit StudentAid BC documents to a designated Canada Post outlet. Instead, if you bring them to Student Awards & Financial Support, we can include them in a weekly courier to StudentAid BC.

In addition, if you are holding documents that would normally be submitted to Canada Post to be sent to the National Student Loan Service Centre, please bring them to Student Awards & Financial Support along with your SIN card and another piece of government identification and we will courier the document and copies of your identification to the National Student Loan Service Centre.