Thompson Rivers University

The Tyee | Why are ministry child welfare workers in BC exempt from external oversight?

November 9, 2023

Legislation requires social workers to register with an independent regulatory body, unless they work for BC’s Ministry of Children and Family Development. Dr. Shelly Johnson (Mukwa Musayett), Chair in Indigenizing Higher Education and associate professor in the Faculty of Education and Social Work, provides insight. Read more