Posted on: June 18, 2010
The TRU Alumni Association is looking for one or two TRU Alumni from the Williams Lake Campus to join the TRU Alumni Board of Directors.
This invitation is extended to alumni that have completed all or part of their course work at the TRU – Williams Lake Campus and have graduated with a diploma, certificate or degree from TRU.
The TRU Alumni Association is assembling a unique and functional group of people that represent the diversity of TRU grads.
Summary of Board Details:
- The Alumni Board of Directors meets four times per year plus an AGM and Orientation session.
- The Board is predominantly a governance board – developing the philosophies and policies that will guide the core activities of the Alumni Office.
- We operate with two student reps, two Board of Director Reps, Three Community Friend Reps and 11 Alumni Reps from different programs and faculties.
- We are part of the Advancement Model at TRU and have a designated staff member that assists with the implementation of the projects and innovations of the Board. Although currently the Alumni Association meetings are held at the Clocktower on the Kamloops Campus – we are implementing a teleconferencing system to assist us in bringing the regional reps into our meetings.
The expectations would be to:
- Attend one meeting and the orientation in person ( this would be the September and May meeting)
- Attend remaining meetings by webcast or teleconference
- Assist or Chair a sub committee
- Accept invitations to represent the TRU Alumni at public functions where possible.
- Be informed and involved in Alumni Association business decisions
Please contact Arlene Olynyk for further details and nomination procedures!
Alumni Officer – Office of Advancement
Thompson Rivers University
900 McGill Rd, Kamloops, BC V2C 5N3