The Canadian Bar Association BC branch’s vice-president is among the guest speakers who will be welcoming in this fall’s law class.
Vancouver-based lawyer Kenneth Armstrong will be joined by bar association executive chair Rachel LaGroix and the BC Treaty Commission’s Chief Commissioner Celeste Haldane. They will share experiences and advice with the incoming law students in the Brown Family House of Learning at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 3.
Also giving the Law Class of 2022 some inspiring words will be:
- Elder Mike Arnouse, Elder, Cplul’kw’ten
- Rosanne Casimir, Kukpi7 Tk’emlups
- Don Avison, CEO of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Brandan Hayashi, vice president equity of TRUSU
- Natasha Weninger, president of the TRU Indigenous Law Student Association
- Hon. Hope Hyslop, TRU Law judge in residence
- Arjun Hair, president of TRU Society of Law Students
- Kathy Kendall, Kamloops governor, Law Foundation of BC
- Chrystie Stewart, Indigenous Law student adviser
- Michelle Stanford QC, bencher at Law Society of British Columbia
- Ken Christian, mayor of Kamloops
- Paul Michel, Executive Director – Office of Indigenous Education TRU