Posted on: November 8, 2018
Starting at 9 p.m. this Saturday, Nov. 10, TRU IT Services will perform necessary upgrades to our IT systems. These upgrades require an outage of all computer-related systems, affecting everything from web services and computer labs to telephone systems and key fobs in Kamloops, Williams Lake, regional centres and Open Learning. The upgrade will occur overnight, ending at approximately 10 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 11.
Services that you will not be able to access during this outage are:
- @myTRU and @tru email (including webmail)
- TRU website, InsideTRU, myTRU, OneTRU
- Library services
- Computer labs and servers
- Wired and wireless internet/network access, on campus and in all student residences
- Telephone systems, including in-building emergency phones
- Building key fob access (For access please contact security at the following temporary number: 250-371-1642)
- Moodle and Blackboard
- SharePoint (one.tru.ca / BrightWork)
- Network printing
- Remote Access services (VPN)
- Banner self-service in TRUemployee and myTRU: registration; payment (student payments and ability to make payment on behalf of a student); timesheets (entry and approval); academic record details (transcript and other requests); tax forms (T4 & T2202a); FAST (financial, operating, and reporting software)
- Banner INB (Banner 8) and Banner Admin Pages (Banner 9)
- Application processing (Applications to TRU via Education Planner BC)
- Robinson Database (TRU World ISP Database)
- All TRU online forms
- All reporting tools
- All databases
Please plan your access to web, email and computing services—and your safety if you will be on campus overnight—accordingly. Contact the IT Service Desk by Friday if you have concerns about work that this planned outage may impact.
Thanks for your patience as we perform this required maintenance.
TRU IT Services