The Department of Philosophy, History and Politics at Thompson Rivers University on Secwepemc Territory offers a unique opportunity for undergraduate students. Join us as we explore the past and present through presentations in philosophy, history and politics at our student organized undergraduate conference January 21-23, 2021.
Organized by a committee of undergraduate students and two faculty advisors, the Philosophy, History and Politics (PHP) Undergraduate conference is one of the only undergraduate conferences of its kind in western Canada. This annual conference promotes research, learning and academic integrity for students from many institutions. Tickets are open to students, faculty, staff and the general public.
If you are planning to attend or present at the conference, please register now! Please note that TRUSU is sponsoring TRU student registration and therefore, registration is FREE but mandatory for TRU students. Attendance at the conference is free, but we have also opened an “Attendance by Donation” ticket if you wish to donate further to the conference. On Thursday, January 21st, a post with all links to the conference panels will be posted online at tru.ca/phpconf.
If you are presenting, please make sure to read all of the details before completing your registration.
- Attendance is included in your registration fee. Please do not add both a Presenter Registration ticket and an Attendance ticket to your cart.
- If you are presenting and would like to register SOMEONE ELSE to attend, please complete a separate order for them so we can collect the most accurate demographic information as possible. As attendance tickets are free, this will not cost you extra in service fees.
- Any TRU Student registration purchased by an external (non-TRU) student will not be valid, as only TRU presenters are sponsored through our TRU Student’s Union.
- In order to avoid any confusion, presenter registration must be purchased under the name you have given us on your abstract. If you are purchasing registration for multiple presenters, please do so under separate orders to ensure all orders are placed under the correct names.
- The ticket name and the name on your credit card do not need to match. The ticket name must match our records, but you may use another person’s credit card (with their permission of course!).
- We will contact any presenters we have not received registration from by January 15th in case of any errors in payment.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2021 TRU PHP Conference will be held virtually. More details on the adapted format will be available soon!
- Sessions run during the day on Friday and Saturday. Each Session is one hour, 15 minutes long with two or three presentations included in each.
- Students present on their original research papers on a subject related to philosophy, history and politics.
- We do our best to organize each session thematically.