TRU Actors Workshop Theatre’s (AWT) next show, Dead Man’s Cell Phone by Sarah Ruhl. This production is directed by TRU sessional instructor and talented director, Catriona Leger and features a variety of students in the theatre program at TRU, ranging from their first year in the program to beyond.
This show will be at the TRU Actors Workshop Theatre from November 25 – 27 and December 2 – 4, with shows starting at 7:30 pm.
Alone in a cafe, Jean impulsively answers a stranger’s ringing cell phone only to discover the owner beside her is dead. This sets into motion a series of events that result in the perfect blend of suspense and farce as Jean gets caught up in the dead man’s family affairs and underhanded business dealings. Both hilarious and nail-biting, this is a story of ordinary people living extraordinary lives, where small coincidences turn into quirky metaphysical conundrums.
The show will be taking place amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Any audience members wishing to attend a live performance must follow the guidelines set out by the TRU Actors Workshop Theatre.
- Attendees will be required to provide proof of vaccination for both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and photo ID at the door.
- Anyone entering the theatre is required to wear a mask.
- Please maintain physical distancing recommendations.
- If an audience member needs to leave for whatever reason, they will not be allowed back into the theatre.
- The Actors Workshop Theatre will also keep track of attendees to conduct contact tracing if necessary.
Dead Man’s Cell Phone by Sarah Ruhl will run at the TRU Actors Workshop Theatre, located in the Old Main building at TRU, from November 25 – 27 and December 2 – 4. The doors for each show will open at 7:00 pm and the show will begin at 7:30 pm to allow for minimal crowding. There is only 60 seats available per show to comply with physical distancing and safety protocols.
Tickets are available starting on November 7 for 15 dollars each (plus fees and taxes). Please click the ‘Buy Tickets’ link on our webpage or contact the TRU AWT Box Office by calling 250-377-6100 or visiting us from November 22-December 3 at the box office in Old Main, open Monday to Friday from 11:30 am – 2:30 pm.