This 90-minute virtual session will include foundations of why it is important to include aspects of equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) in your research, from the development phase through to dissemination. Participants can expect to learn:
- The case for EDI in research
- A brief overview of the foundations of EDI
- How aspects of diversity impact research at various stages
- Practical strategies for building diverse research projects and teams; designing inclusive research environments; and creating EDI frameworks that are explicit, achievable, and measurable
- How to include EDI in proposal writing and dissemination
- How EDI in research impacts teaching and curriculum
This session will be presented by Gwen Hill, Manager, EDI in Research at Royal Roads University.