Posted on: December 15, 2016
NSERC is hosting a webinar on SPGs on Dec. 20 at 10 a.m. (PST). More information
The Strategic Partnership Grants for Projects (SPGs) program aims to increase research and training in specific targeted areas that will strongly enhance Canada’s economy, society and/or environment within the next 10 years.
The Strategic Partnership Grants for Projects require a partnership between researchers and eligible industrial and/or government organizations and enable the transfer of knowledge/ technology and expertise to these organizations. At a minimum, these supporting organizations are required to provide in-kind contributions (cash is not compulsory) and be fully engaged partners in the research projects. SPGs are intended to fund small to large research projects that will help solve real-world problems, enhance training and build lasting partnerships with supporting organizations.
- Four Target Areas: Advanced Manufacturing, Environment and Agriculture, Information and Communications Technologies, Natural Resources and Energy.
- Quick Facts (2016): Overall success rate: 24.6%: the smallest grant awarded (in year 1): $79,071and the largest grant awarded: $323,075; average grant awarded: $180,000/year for 3 years. Purchase of equipment is restricted to a maximum of $150,000.
Application Process: two-step process
- Letter of Intent deadline: Feb. 1, 2017: Internal deadline: Jan. 25, 2017
- NSERC full application invitation: April 1, 2017
- Full application deadline: June 7, 2017; Internal deadline: May 24, 2017
NSERC is hosting a webinar on SPGs on Dec. 20 at 10 a.m. (EST). To join, please click here: http://nsercofcanada.adobeconnect.com/strat_grants/
Institutional Support: Institution will support eligible applicants who are invited by the NSERC to submit full application. Funding of up to $1,500 is available to support activities that will enhance proposals with expenditure directly related to proposals. Funds will be awarded in April (when NESRC will invite full applications) and must be spent before the application deadline (June 7, 2017).
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in this opportunity.