Posted on: November 17, 2016
The Insight Development Grants application form is now available in SSHRC’s Research Portal.
Internal deadline: Jan. 20, 2017
External deadline: Feb. 3, 2017
Results announced: June 2017
New this year and of particular interest to IDG applicants:
Improved Canadian Common CV (CCV) sections, subsections and fields (see list of changes in the SSHRC CCV instructions).
- Revised Terms and Conditions of Applying for Applicants and Co-Applicants.
- New joint initiative with the Department of National Defense.
- Updated instructions for Aboriginal Research.
- Revised instructions for Funds Requested from SSHRC Module.
- Updated definition of an Emerging Scholar and of the Scholar Type section.
Insight Development Grants proposals are expected to respond to the objectives put forward in the call for proposals for the Insight program.
Insight Development Grants support research in its initial stages. The grants enable the development of new research questions, as well as experimentation with new methods, theoretical approaches and/or ideas. Funding is provided for short-term research development projects, of up to two years, proposed by individuals or teams.
Megan Prins, Research Grants Development Officer