Posted on: April 13, 2017
Fifteen top students in arts, business, education, science, culinary arts, tourism, nursing and law shared in $27,250 in awards and prizes at the Lepin Awards Presentation on Apr. 12.
Ken Lepin who was recently given a BC Community Achievement Award for his philanthropy, has given more than $200,000 to 133 TRU students since 2006.
“Awards like these allow us to focus on our studies instead of the financial aspect of post-secondary,” said Leanne Stevens, a soon-to-be Animal Health Technology graduate.
Student recipients and awards:
- Brayden Wilson received the Ken Lepin Prize of Excellence in Bachelor of Arts.
- Katie Doherty accepted the Ken Lepin Entrepreneurship Spirit Award.
- Jared Wilman was presented the Ken Lepin Outstanding Business Student of the Year Award.
- Kaylee Gillespie received the Ken Lepin Prize of Business Excellence Entrepreneur and Communication.
- Allison Patterson received the Ken Lepin Prize of Excellence in Education.
- Brianna Meyer was presented the Ken Lepin Prize of Excellence in Law.
- Katie Harding and Dana Clarkson accepted the Ken and Maureen Lepin Prize of Excellence in Nursing.
- Rory McKerchar and Robyn McArthur received the Ken Lepin Award for Academic Achievement in Science.
- Chelsea Reith and Jagdeesh Uppal were presented the Ken Lepin Award for Excellence in Science.
- Leanne Stevens received the Ken Lepin Prize of Excellence in Animal Health Technology.
- Elizabeth Kalin accepted the Ken Lepin Prize of Excellence in Culinary Arts.
- Michelle McAleese was presented the Ken Lepin Prize of Excellence in Tourism Management.
The awards provide financial assistance to students, bestowed on the basis of outstanding academic achievement in course work and research, as well as leadership activities.
Click on the photos below to view the gallery: