Posted on: March 20, 2017
Thinking of attending TRU? Spring Open House is your best opportunity to get familiar with campus and the programs, services and opportunities we offer.
Scheduled for Saturday, March 25 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., the day includes among other things:
- 14 programs hosting tours and information sessions
- 6 scheduled tours of campus
- 2 living on campus tours
- 2 money management workshops
- 2 opportunities to learn about taking classes in other countries through study abroad
- 2 opportunities to learn about co-op paid work experience
- 1 spectacular resource fair involving many campus services and resources
- 1 student 101 panel discussion with current students
- 1 group academic advising session for each of Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Science
- 1 free BBQ
- numerous opportunities to have informal conversations with faculty, current students and alumni.
“Open House is an opportunity to form connections early, take a tour and familiarize yourself with the campus environment before starting in September,” said Gabi Scollon, student recruiter and enrolment representative with the Future Students department.
Organizers are expecting upwards of 500 visitors, coming from the Thompson-Okanagan region, the Fraser Valley, the Lower Mainland, other parts of BC and parts of Alberta. Visitors will include prospective students, their family and friends. Also stopping by will be those who have made up their minds and are wanting to collect more information along with getting the first-hand experience.
Drop by for as little or as long as you like, but do make a point of attending because the payoffs could be huge.
“Attending Open House can relieve a lot of the stress of not knowing what kind of atmosphere you’re getting into,” said Scollon. “Students attending Open House tend to be better informed about the wide array of student services and opportunities on campus.”