Posted on: January 13, 2017
Join the United Way on the Seeing is Believing tour, where you’ll learn about community partners who are actively engaged in the important work of housing those most vulnerable in the community. This is a great opportunity to explore community-driven research partnerships in the areas of homelessness and wellness.
A major objective of TRU’s Strategic Research Plan is to “reinforce and facilitate TRU’s role and leadership in the linking of research to community, social, cultural, scientific, educational, technological and economic development.”
During the tour, you’ll learn about the crucial network that supports housing those who are most vulnerable in our community.
Transportation will be provided, and spaces are limited.
- 12:50 pm — pick up at United Way (177 Victoria St.)
- 1 -1:40 pm — emergency weather response shelters & sober living apartments (CMHA’s Emerald House, New Life Community and Phoenix Centre)
- 1:45 – 2:20 pm — ASK Wellness, Panorama Housing
- 2:20 – 3 pm — Elizabeth Fry — BC Housing & The Rent Bank
- 3:05 pm — return to the United Way
Ann McCarthy, Knowledge Mobilization Officer