Posted on: August 13, 2014
BUSN 4990-3 – Special Topics in Business Administration
“Building Volunteer Capacity at a Non-profit Organization”
Gain course credit and a scholarship while working on an exciting project during the Fall 2014 semester
Eight high-achieving students from the School of Business and Economics will have the opportunity to enroll in a business elective course called ‘Special Topics in Business Administration’ offered in the Fall 2014 semester.
The course will give you real-world experience in developing a plan to recruit and retain more volunteers for the Kamloops Food Bank, a major non-profit organization in Kamloops.
Deadline to apply: August 28, 2014
Only 8 students will be accepted for this course.
Students will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Superior academic standing (minimum 3.0 GPA)
- Previous volunteer experience at a non-profit organization
- Interest in working on a team project that provides benefit to society
Each student who participates in this project will receive:
- $500 scholarship from Valley First
- Opportunity for an additional $750 scholarship based on successful completion of the project
To apply for this course, please include:
- Your resume (including volunteer experience)
- A copy of your unofficial transcript (from myTRU account)
- A short letter explaining why you would like to be enrolled and what skills/experience you will bring to the project
Please send your resume, unofficial transcript, and letter to:
Dr. Anne Lavack
Please apply no later than Thursday, August 28, 2014 at 12:00pm.
Students will be notified Friday, August 29th regarding their acceptance into this course.